Pompeii and Vesuvius Experience
Pick-up from Sorrento and transfer by semi-private minibus to Pompeii.
At the arrival, enjoy a 2 hours visit to Pompeii excavation site together with your official guide. Due to its burial under a layer of ashes and lapilli, the town got forgotten for hundreds of years since its excavations in the 18th Century. After the visit, free time for lunch. In the early afternoon, the visit will continue to Mt. Vesuvius.
The bus will ride us up to 1000 meters high, from that point, will continue with a 30 minutes walk. Once on the rim, you’ll meet an alpine guide that will give you information about the history of the crater; free time to enjoy the breathtaking view of the entire Gulf of Naples.
Return to Sorrento during the afternoon.
- Transportation by air-conditioned coach
- Tour provided by English, Spanish and Italian
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off from centrally located hotels in Sorrento
- Entrance fees for Pompeii and Mount Vesuvius
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- The tour works with all weather conditions. Please wear properly
- May be operated by a multilingual guide
- The duration and itinerary may vary due to traffic condition or unforeseen circumstances.