Herculaneum Half Day
Departure from Sorrento, by bus to Herculaneum, an ancient Roman town situated in the shadow of Mount Vesuvius, submerged under a torrent of mud and lava after the Vesuvius eruption in 79 A.D.
The buildings have been so well preserved that you can walk down the streets pretty much exactly as the Romans would have done over 2000 years ago!
There are still original timbers in the buildings and clay pots stored as they would have been at the time of the eruption. It was believed that many of the inhabitants of the town managed to successfully flee unlike those not so fortunate in Pompeii. Together with your guide, you'll visit in 2-hours many of the most important sites, public baths with their well-preserved frescoes and mosaics, shop and the gymnasium.
- English Authorized guide
- Transportation with private coach and driver
What's not included
- Entrance to the ruins of Herculaneum
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- The duration may vary depending on traffic conditions or unforeseen circumstances
- Please note that departure and departure times may vary slightly.